Frequently Asked Questions
What is The Moonth?
The Moonth is the 29.5 days the moon takes to orbit the earth.
As the moon orbits the earth, it continuously changes phase giving us a signal of where it is in its cycle.
🌑 New: We cannot see the Moon when it is a new moon.
🌒 Waxing Crescent: In the Northern Hemisphere, we see the waxing crescent phase as a thin crescent of light on the right. Waxing means it is getting bigger.
🌓 First Quarter: We see the first quarter phase as a half moon.
🌔 Waxing Gibbous: The waxing gibbous phase is between a half moon and full moon. 🌕 Full: We can see the Moon completely illuminated during full moons.
🌖 Waning Gibbous: The waning gibbous phase is between a half moon and full moon. Waning means it is getting smaller.
🌗 Third Quarter: We see the third quarter moon as a half moon, too. It is the opposite half as illuminated in the first quarter moon.
🌘 Waning Crescent: In the Northern Hemisphere, we see the waning crescent phase as a thin crescent of light on the left.
🌑*We cannot see the Moon when it is Balsmic or a Dark Moon.
What is a Moonthly Circle?
Moonthly circles are gatherings to listen, share, and seek wisdom from within and the collective group that is called together.
When gathered in circle, there is collective power to heal, find our voice, rise up and make a difference. There is a powerful force that emerges to support, embrace, and inspire one another as the moon cycles through its phases.
The circle as a symbol represents equality and strength as well as the circular curves of a woman’s body.
What is the New Moon?
The new moon marks the first lunar (Moonth) phase or the start of a new cycle. It symbolises new beginnings and taking initiaative. People use the energy of a new moon to set intentions and goals, or start on a new project.
What is covered in the moonthly circles?
In every moonthly circle we:
1. Review circle guidelines
2. Center ourselves with a short meditation
3. Review the attributes of the zodiac sign
4. Review the Tarot Cards associated with the time
5. Review the rulerships of the sign
6. Review which signs the moon will be new, waxing, full, and waning and discuss its energies.
7. Pull tarot or oracle cards to create a framework to manifest our intentions
What is a circle?
Circles also known as council is an ancient way and modern practice whose roots are within the natural world and spans diverse indigenous cultures.
It is the practice of community, which recognizes that each voice wants to be heard, that every one has a gift and story to share, and every one makes up a piece of the whole.
Still have a question?
Send me an email at firstname.lastname@example.org
What is the Moonth Membership?
The moonth membership is a gated page on YesSpiral where subscibers to moonthly packages have access to exclusive content, including:
-Exclusive Youtube videos
-Exclusive Moonthly downloads
-Moonthly Blog Posts
How much time do I have to dedicate each moonth?
The answer to this is entirely personal and there is no right answer. I invite you to reflect 6 times per moonth because that is what I do. However, I totally understand that most people do not have the luxury of time.
I invite you to contemplate how much time you can dedicate to your life design project and plan accordingly.
Every moonth I dedicate approximately three hours to my life design process broken down like this:
1. 20 minutes - New Moon Circle Prework - first review of moonthly workbook, determine intentions
2. 90 minutes - New Moon Circle - in community - share what is waxing (growing) and waning (letting go)
3. 15 minutes - Waxing Moon - review intentions set at new moonth, determine which ones can be refined to fit into my life. Read Moonthly blog (2 or 3 minutes) pull additional tarot cards
4. 20 minutes - Full Moon - review intentions set at most current new moon and take out my journal to see intentions set at zodiac sign of full moon. Read Moonthly Blog Post, pull additional tarot cards. Full moon ritual to charge my spiritual tools.
5. 15 minutes - Waning Moon - read moonthly blog post, reflect and assess the moonth, pull additional tarot cards
6. 10 minutes - Dark Moon - review notes from moonth, write down what hinders my progress on bay leafs or pieces of paper and burn it. Put on a song that moves me to shimmy negative vibes away.
Do I need a tarot or oracle deck?
It is best if you have a tarot deck because we will be discussing the energies of the tarot cards associated with the astrological time and we will pull tarot cards for the moonthly spread.
However, if you have a creative way to use another divination tool, I am super curious to see what you come up with.